Intelligent multi-material designs facilitate particularly substantial weight reductions in the case of internally pressurized components such as tank structures (e.g. for CNG, H2, compressed air, etc.). The same also applies to hydraulic components including actuators, accumulators and pipes. Load-conform fibre alignment within fibre composites facilitates the highly efficient absorption of internal pressure loads, with metal elements generally used in areas that are either geometrically complex and multi-axially loaded (e.g. load application and tank-end parts) or functionalized (e.g. sealing or sliding surfaces). In addition to the classical winding technique, LZS also possesses a unique pool of knowledge and expertise in the field of braiding technology, which facilitates further weight reductions in the case of long cylindrical structures in particular.
Our service portfolio
- Rapid analyses of feasibility and potential, for example comparing the use of fibre composites against conventional steel containers; type II, III and IV containers are all taken into consideration
- Detailed computer-aided tank design with the aid of fibre composite-specific material models and failure criteria
- Methodical selection of materials for functionalized areas
- Construction of pressurized containers and manufacturing of prototypes using industrial-scale processes and equipment (current pressure range: < 1700 bar)
- Static and cyclical testing of pressurized containers, in some cases in cooperation with external partners
- Computer tomography (max. container length: 2 m)